Famous Potato Race - May 14, 2011

Famous Potato Race - May 14, 2011
Support Brenda, Josh and Family in their fight against Lymphoma

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

DONOR MATCH is FOUND!

This morning we found out I have 2- 100% donor matches. One is a 31 year old male and the other is a 30year old female who hasn't had any children.  #1 choice is the male and back up is the female.  I guess females acquire other antibodies after being pregnant/giving birth and they don't know if that plays into graft vs host disease or not so preferably go with male donors.  My case manager is finding out if he is within the states or not, that is all the information she can give me.  
This is bitter sweet news. I've shed some tears over this.  Now the really hard decision, to move forward towards the transplant in the next month or 2 or stay on the trial drug until my body decides otherwise.  Wish those neon signs would show up about now directing our next steps!  
Yesterday's devotional led me to Proverbs 19:21  You can make many plans, but the LORD's purpose will prevail and that is my prayer.  God's will and purpose will be so strong there won't be any doubt between Josh, myself, the doctors, and others who are sharing their advice with us.  God make it so clear!

Hope you are enjoying the beautiful weather, if here in the Midwest.  Just wanted to share our exciting news making us one step closer.  The 100%matches are an answer to prayer.  
Continue to pray for clarity.  Prayer for my donor, that his life will be touched if he doesn't know the Lord and even if he does, that this whole process continues to glorify God.  

Much Love, 
Brenda
My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment